Ottery Community Theatre to stage classic pantomime and more news
Ottery Community Theatre are putting on a classic panto production, with Mother Goose in The Institute in January. Read this and more.
PANTO: Ottery Community Theatre are putting on a classic panto production, with Mother Goose in The Institute in January. The theatre group decided to advertise in a different way this year, by entering a float into Ottery carnival, and picking up second place in its category. Laurie Palmer said this has given the group a lift as the rehearsals get into full swing. The panto takes place from Wednesday, January 18, to Saturday, January 21, with a 2.30pm matinee performance, and a 7.30pm performance on the Saturday. Tickets are on sale at Stagestuck in Ottery St Mary, who can be contacted on 01404 811311.
CHILDREN: Ottery Children’s Centre is planning to continue its popular ‘Stay and Play’ into the spring term. There will be two separate sessions on Wednesdays, but, due to the capacity of the centre, numbers will have to be limited for some of the activities. Commencing on January 11, continuing through to March 28, the sessions are from 1.30pm to 2.30pm, for children aged under one year, and 2.30pm to 3.30pm for children aged one to four. For more information call 01404 813642.
You may also want to watch:
BREAKFAST: The first ‘Men’s Breakfast’ of 2012, organised by the United Reformed church in Ottery will be on Saturday, January 28. The speaker will be Peter Halse, the chairman of East Devon District Council. To book call 01404 812118.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 6 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
WEST HILL: Cinderella will be coming to West Hill in January to raise money for the village hall. On Friday, January 6 at 7pm Wonder Productions, who put on a show in West Hill last year, will be performing the famous pantomime. There are ice creams and a bar in the interval, a chocolate raffle and a small present for each child as they leave. Tickets are available from West Hill Post Office or Kate Fraser on 01404 812593. There is also a matinee performance on January 7 but this has already sold out.