Ottery Community Theatre to stage classic pantomime and more news
Ottery Community Theatre are putting on a classic panto production, with Mother Goose in The Institute in January. Read this and more.
PANTO: Ottery Community Theatre are putting on a classic panto production, with Mother Goose in The Institute in January. The theatre group decided to advertise in a different way this year, by entering a float into Ottery carnival, and picking up second place in its category. Laurie Palmer said this has given the group a lift as the rehearsals get into full swing. The panto takes place from Wednesday, January 18, to Saturday, January 21, with a 2.30pm matinee performance, and a 7.30pm performance on the Saturday. Tickets are on sale at Stagestuck in Ottery St Mary, who can be contacted on 01404 811311.
CHILDREN: Ottery Children’s Centre is planning to continue its popular ‘Stay and Play’ into the spring term. There will be two separate sessions on Wednesdays, but, due to the capacity of the centre, numbers will have to be limited for some of the activities. Commencing on January 11, continuing through to March 28, the sessions are from 1.30pm to 2.30pm, for children aged under one year, and 2.30pm to 3.30pm for children aged one to four. For more information call 01404 813642.
You may also want to watch:
BREAKFAST: The first ‘Men’s Breakfast’ of 2012, organised by the United Reformed church in Ottery will be on Saturday, January 28. The speaker will be Peter Halse, the chairman of East Devon District Council. To book call 01404 812118.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 7 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
WEST HILL: Cinderella will be coming to West Hill in January to raise money for the village hall. On Friday, January 6 at 7pm Wonder Productions, who put on a show in West Hill last year, will be performing the famous pantomime. There are ice creams and a bar in the interval, a chocolate raffle and a small present for each child as they leave. Tickets are available from West Hill Post Office or Kate Fraser on 01404 812593. There is also a matinee performance on January 7 but this has already sold out.