Literary weekend and competition announced by Ottery Writers’ Group
- Credit: Getty Images
Ottery Writers’ Group is planning a literary weekend in the summer of 2021 and has announced a creative writing competition as a fore-runner of the event.
The group has been growing, with several members already, or soon to be, published.
It was meeting regularly before the Covid-19 crisis and held a successful literary evening just before lockdown began. Since then, meetings have been held via Zoom.
The competition is designed to maintain unity in the group and encourage other local writers.
It is open to all age groups and will be judged in two categories: under 18s and adults.
You may also want to watch:
To enter, write a short story of 500 words maximum, or a poem, with the theme of ‘memory’. This could be inspired by thoughts about the lockdown, recollections of a good day out, or someone you miss very much.
Winning entries will be published in the Herald and there is a £50 top prize for each category. The deadline is September 15. For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://email@example.com
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 4 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 5 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 6 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 7 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families