Ottery crime spree hits tax-payers in the pocket
YOB vandals left a trail of overnight destruction in an Ottery street that hit tax-payers in the pocket.
Thugs smashed a safety mirror, ripped a road sign from its concrete base, vandalised a post box and damaged a wall in Winters Lane.
Another road-safety mirror in Tip Hill was also damaged on the same night.
Hundreds of pounds in town cash was spent on installing the mirrors, aimed at increasing road safety.
Mayor Glyn Dobson this week said he was disgusted by the crime, which took place overnight between Sunday, August 29 and bank holiday Monday, August 30.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can contact police on 98452 777444.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 6 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution