Ottery crime spree hits tax-payers in the pocket
YOB vandals left a trail of overnight destruction in an Ottery street that hit tax-payers in the pocket.
Thugs smashed a safety mirror, ripped a road sign from its concrete base, vandalised a post box and damaged a wall in Winters Lane.
Another road-safety mirror in Tip Hill was also damaged on the same night.
Hundreds of pounds in town cash was spent on installing the mirrors, aimed at increasing road safety.
Mayor Glyn Dobson this week said he was disgusted by the crime, which took place overnight between Sunday, August 29 and bank holiday Monday, August 30.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can contact police on 98452 777444.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank