Ottery crime spree hits tax-payers in the pocket
YOB vandals left a trail of overnight destruction in an Ottery street that hit tax-payers in the pocket.
Thugs smashed a safety mirror, ripped a road sign from its concrete base, vandalised a post box and damaged a wall in Winters Lane.
Another road-safety mirror in Tip Hill was also damaged on the same night.
Hundreds of pounds in town cash was spent on installing the mirrors, aimed at increasing road safety.
Mayor Glyn Dobson this week said he was disgusted by the crime, which took place overnight between Sunday, August 29 and bank holiday Monday, August 30.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can contact police on 98452 777444.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 3 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 4 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 5 August celebrations at Manstone Lane – Home of the Vikings
- 6 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 7 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 8 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 9 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 10 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer