Ottery dog-ban decision stil 'some time away'
CONTROVERSIAL Ottery dog-control orders are some time away from being decided upon-says East Devon District Council.
CONTROVERSIAL Ottery dog-control orders are "some time" away from being decided upon-says East Devon District Council.
The Herald was told this week that due to the "complexity" if the region-wide issue, which includes proposals to ban dogs from Winter's Lane playing field and restrict them to being kept on leads in the Land of Canaan, results of a recent public consultation will be discussed by EDDC's corporate overview committee- possibly at the end of the month.
Any recommendations will then go to executive board members for ratification.
An EDDC spokesman said new regulations will not come into affect in April. He added:
You may also want to watch:
"It will be some time yet before the orders are actually in place and enforced.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 3 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 4 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 5 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 6 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 7 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 8 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 9 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 10 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit