Ottery dog-ban decision stil 'some time away'
CONTROVERSIAL Ottery dog-control orders are some time away from being decided upon-says East Devon District Council.
CONTROVERSIAL Ottery dog-control orders are "some time" away from being decided upon-says East Devon District Council.
The Herald was told this week that due to the "complexity" if the region-wide issue, which includes proposals to ban dogs from Winter's Lane playing field and restrict them to being kept on leads in the Land of Canaan, results of a recent public consultation will be discussed by EDDC's corporate overview committee- possibly at the end of the month.
Any recommendations will then go to executive board members for ratification.
An EDDC spokesman said new regulations will not come into affect in April. He added:
"It will be some time yet before the orders are actually in place and enforced.
- 1 UPDATE: Man dies after A3052 accident
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 Do you have a crocodile bush near you?
- 4 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 5 Simply having a wonderful Christmas time in Sidmouth
- 6 Join fellow freelancers and homeworkers at Sidmouth's ‘Jelly' sessions
- 7 Three injured in Sidmouth road accident
- 8 From Sidmouth with solidarity: amnesty group writes to overseas political prisoners
- 9 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth