Can you give a dog a home this Christmas?
- Credit: Archant
A collie who has spent most of his life in a kennel is in desperate need of a forever home this Christmas.
Benji is aged around two and has been with Arc Animal Rescue Centre, in Ottery for about 18 months.
Crystal Scott, Arc’s manager, said: “Benji needs a very special home. He is very nervous. He needs a home with a calm environment with people who are experienced dog owners in general. Once you get to know him he is so affectionate and lovely. He is a beautiful dog.
“He has never been ill treated and has never hurt anybody. He is just very nervous so until he feels safe with you, you can’t really take him out.”
She said he loves to play with a ball and go for walks. Benji wouldn’t like living with children or cats but might enjoy living with another dog.
You may also want to watch:
Visit arcrescue.co.uk or call the centre on 01404 815487.
Read the Herald in the coming weeks to see more features on the dogs in need of a forever home.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future