Ottery eatery in contention for Restaurant of the Year award
- Credit: Archant
More silverware may be on the way for an Ottery eatery as it has been named in contention for Restaurant of the Year.
The Rusty Pig has made the final three names shortlisted for this year’s Devon Life Food and Drink Awards.
The Yonder Street restaurant has been in the town since 2011 and is proud of its ethos to use the freshest seasonal ingredients from local suppliers.
In August, the business brought home two silver medals from the British Charcuterie Awards for its hog’s pudding and pancetta.
Owner Robin Rea, is one of three in-house chefs, and said: “The whole team is thrilled with this recognition of our hard work and high standards.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve reached the finals before, so could this be our year?
“Whichever way it goes, we are proud to be one of three outstanding restaurants in the county.”
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 9 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
The results will be revealed at an award ceremony at Sandy Park on November 15.