Ottery eatery in contention for Restaurant of the Year award
- Credit: Archant
More silverware may be on the way for an Ottery eatery as it has been named in contention for Restaurant of the Year.
The Rusty Pig has made the final three names shortlisted for this year’s Devon Life Food and Drink Awards.
The Yonder Street restaurant has been in the town since 2011 and is proud of its ethos to use the freshest seasonal ingredients from local suppliers.
In August, the business brought home two silver medals from the British Charcuterie Awards for its hog’s pudding and pancetta.
Owner Robin Rea, is one of three in-house chefs, and said: “The whole team is thrilled with this recognition of our hard work and high standards.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve reached the finals before, so could this be our year?
“Whichever way it goes, we are proud to be one of three outstanding restaurants in the county.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Toto goes bananas with his love for fruit and veg shop
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
The results will be revealed at an award ceremony at Sandy Park on November 15.