Ottery Explorers take on 24-hour extravaganza
OTTERY Explorer Scouts took part in non-stop activities over a period of 24 hours at the weekend.
Youngsters joined more than 100 other Explorers from Cornwall and Devon annual Kernow 24 near Bodmin.
“Explorers pitched a couple of hiking tents for anyone who needed to catch a few hours kip during the challenge- but no one did,” said Scout leader John Green.
Group members went 40 hours without sleep as they took on an eight mile hike, and activities that included a shooting range, laser battlefield, kayaking, circus skills, laser clay pigeon shooting, BMX bikes, archery, zip wires and much more before returning home on Sunday.
“Most Explorers had a very quiet Sunday!,” added John.
You may also want to watch:
Explorer Scouts is open to anyone aged 14 to 18. Contact John on 07740 772099 for more information.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead