Ottery Explorers take on 24-hour extravaganza
OTTERY Explorer Scouts took part in non-stop activities over a period of 24 hours at the weekend.
Youngsters joined more than 100 other Explorers from Cornwall and Devon annual Kernow 24 near Bodmin.
“Explorers pitched a couple of hiking tents for anyone who needed to catch a few hours kip during the challenge- but no one did,” said Scout leader John Green.
Group members went 40 hours without sleep as they took on an eight mile hike, and activities that included a shooting range, laser battlefield, kayaking, circus skills, laser clay pigeon shooting, BMX bikes, archery, zip wires and much more before returning home on Sunday.
“Most Explorers had a very quiet Sunday!,” added John.
You may also want to watch:
Explorer Scouts is open to anyone aged 14 to 18. Contact John on 07740 772099 for more information.
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary