Ottery Explorers take on 24-hour extravaganza
OTTERY Explorer Scouts took part in non-stop activities over a period of 24 hours at the weekend.
Youngsters joined more than 100 other Explorers from Cornwall and Devon annual Kernow 24 near Bodmin.
“Explorers pitched a couple of hiking tents for anyone who needed to catch a few hours kip during the challenge- but no one did,” said Scout leader John Green.
Group members went 40 hours without sleep as they took on an eight mile hike, and activities that included a shooting range, laser battlefield, kayaking, circus skills, laser clay pigeon shooting, BMX bikes, archery, zip wires and much more before returning home on Sunday.
“Most Explorers had a very quiet Sunday!,” added John.
You may also want to watch:
Explorer Scouts is open to anyone aged 14 to 18. Contact John on 07740 772099 for more information.
- 1 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 2 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 3 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 9 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park