Ottery explosion yob could have killed someone- Tar Barrels boss
OTTERY S Tar Barrels boss has said the mindless yob who caused an explosion at the event could have killed someone.
OTTERY'S Tar Barrels boss has said the mindless yob who caused an explosion last night could have killed someone.
Ottery Carnival Committee chairman Graham Rowland has slammed the "irresponsible idiot" who caused the blast by throwing an aerosol into a lit barrel and hopes he is brought to justice.
He said the event had been one of the most incident free in recent years, after carnival committee members had stepped up safety measures.
He said: "We had put so many things in place but how can you control something like that?"
You may also want to watch:
"There could have been fatalities, I don't know why they did it.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building