Ottery family nets �320 for Children in Need in Sidmouth
KIND Children in Need fundraisers got a boost from Sidmouth shoppers when they netted �320 for the cause.
Mum-of-three Emma Langley and six youngsters hit High Street in colourful clothing, sold cakes and even treated passers-by to a spot of music on Saturday.
Emma and kids Molly,11, guitar-playing Wil, 10, and Rosie, seven, of Mill Street in Ottery St Mary, thanked the people of Sidmouth for their “wonderful generosity”.
They were joined by Molly’s pals Christie, Izzy and Lottie.
All the children go to The Kings School or Ottery Primary School.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a really positive reaction from lots of friendly people, it was a really good atmosphere,” said Emma.
“We couldn’t believe how much we raised.”
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
Emma thanked mums who baked cakes and all those who donated money.
• We want to hear about your Children in Need antics in the Sidmouth and Ottery areas. Send details and photos of exploits to firstname.lastname@example.org.