Ottery family nets �320 for Children in Need in Sidmouth
KIND Children in Need fundraisers got a boost from Sidmouth shoppers when they netted �320 for the cause.
Mum-of-three Emma Langley and six youngsters hit High Street in colourful clothing, sold cakes and even treated passers-by to a spot of music on Saturday.
Emma and kids Molly,11, guitar-playing Wil, 10, and Rosie, seven, of Mill Street in Ottery St Mary, thanked the people of Sidmouth for their “wonderful generosity”.
They were joined by Molly’s pals Christie, Izzy and Lottie.
All the children go to The Kings School or Ottery Primary School.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a really positive reaction from lots of friendly people, it was a really good atmosphere,” said Emma.
“We couldn’t believe how much we raised.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
Emma thanked mums who baked cakes and all those who donated money.
• We want to hear about your Children in Need antics in the Sidmouth and Ottery areas. Send details and photos of exploits to email@example.com.