Ottery family nets �320 for Children in Need in Sidmouth
KIND Children in Need fundraisers got a boost from Sidmouth shoppers when they netted �320 for the cause.
Mum-of-three Emma Langley and six youngsters hit High Street in colourful clothing, sold cakes and even treated passers-by to a spot of music on Saturday.
Emma and kids Molly,11, guitar-playing Wil, 10, and Rosie, seven, of Mill Street in Ottery St Mary, thanked the people of Sidmouth for their “wonderful generosity”.
They were joined by Molly’s pals Christie, Izzy and Lottie.
All the children go to The Kings School or Ottery Primary School.
“We had a really positive reaction from lots of friendly people, it was a really good atmosphere,” said Emma.
“We couldn’t believe how much we raised.”
- 1 A375 roadworks to restart in September
- 2 'Leave our banners alone!'
- 3 Otterhayes home rated 'good' after improving 'in leaps and bounds'
- 4 Urgent appeal for collectors as Sidmouth Airshow approaches
- 5 Jeeves and Wooster play was 'perfect nonsense'
- 6 National Trust Supporters' Group outing
- 7 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 8 Decision on Straitgate's appeal funding deferred
- 9 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 10 Garden and crafts show makes successful comeback
Emma thanked mums who baked cakes and all those who donated money.
• We want to hear about your Children in Need antics in the Sidmouth and Ottery areas. Send details and photos of exploits to email@example.com.