Ottery family raise more than £4,000 for Hospiscare in memory of Bronia
- Credit: Archant
An Ottery family has raised more than £4,100 in just a month in memory of a much-loved mum-of-nine.
Bronia Rosier, 56, died on November 17 following a two-year battle with cancer.
Bronia shared her story with Hospiscare before she died and the charity is now telling this in her memory.
Bronia said of Hospiscare: “The nursing team have been brilliant, they have such a caring attitude and nothing is too much trouble. No-one wants to be referred to a hospice, but if you are really ill and that sort of care is available to you, then take it.
“It’s comforting to know that Hospiscare will be here for my family to give support after I have gone.”
You may also want to watch:
Bronia’s son Lyndon has set up a JustGiving page on behalf of the family to raise money for Hospiscare. It has nearly reached its £4,250 target.
To donate, visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/lydon-ward-best
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman