Ottery farm barn blaze
Firefighters race to dairy farm fire
FLAMES engulfed an Ottery barn last night (Wednesday)
Firefighters raced to Luxton’s Dairy at Barrack Farm at around 10pm and spent fourteen hours tackling and controlling an inferno that was still smouldering this afternoon. As many as three fire crews worked through the night using water jets and mechanical diggers to extinguish flames and control the blaze.
Crew manager Ben Redwood said at the scene yesterday morning it was believed hay in the barn overheated, and the fire was not suspicious.
He said firefighters had to act carefully when tackling flames over concerns there was a small amount of asbestos in the barn roof.
You may also want to watch:
Read more in tomorrow’s Ottery Herald.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 8 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 9 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 10 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots