Ottery farm submits plan to build shepherd hut accommodation
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Plans have been submitted to build a shepherd hut to add to a rural farm’s growing glamping units.
Knightstone Farm, south of Ottery, installed its first glamping unit in 2014 and a second one two years later and believes a third would complete the site.
The hut would be located on an existing car park area and constructed from wooden boards and a black plastic coated tin roof.
The accommodation would be built to cater for two to four people.
In its design and access statement, it said: “In order to make Knightstone Farm economically sustainable and to retain local employment it is felt that diversification in such a project would protect and enhance the business for generations to come. The main aim would be to add value where appropriate whilst maintaining the farms core identity and environmental features.”
You may also want to watch:
The proposals will be discussed at Ottery Town Council’s next planning meeting before the district council decides the fate of the application.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view