Ottery field dog ban approved
MEMBERS of East Devon District Council executive board last night voted to approve controversial Ottery dog control orders.
MEMBERS of East Devon District Council' executive board last night voted to approve controversial Ottery dog control orders.
This means that dogs will no longer be permitted on Winters Lane playing field, with the exception of a small area of land which is to be fenced off.
Members hoped that providing such an area would be an acceptable compromise to residents who had been vociferous in their support for the right to exercise their dogs on the whole of the Winters Lane playing field site.
A dogs on leads order will also apply to the Land of Canaan.
You may also want to watch:
Read a full account of last night's meeting and more on the Ottery dog ban in tomorrow's Ottery Herald
- 1 Is the River Sid the shortest river in England?
- 2 Bear Grylls praises town's eco-friendly scout 'ambassador'
- 3 Toto has a mosey around gardens and makes a discovery
- 4 'Fabulous' food festival attracts thousands
- 5 Four unexpected kings of England named William
- 6 A rare sight witnessed at town's rugby club
- 7 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 8 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 9 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 10 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth