Ottery field dog ban approved
MEMBERS of East Devon District Council executive board last night voted to approve controversial Ottery dog control orders.
MEMBERS of East Devon District Council' executive board last night voted to approve controversial Ottery dog control orders.
This means that dogs will no longer be permitted on Winters Lane playing field, with the exception of a small area of land which is to be fenced off.
Members hoped that providing such an area would be an acceptable compromise to residents who had been vociferous in their support for the right to exercise their dogs on the whole of the Winters Lane playing field site.
A dogs on leads order will also apply to the Land of Canaan.
You may also want to watch:
Read a full account of last night's meeting and more on the Ottery dog ban in tomorrow's Ottery Herald
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge