Ottery fire crew called to chimney fire and other news
- Credit: Getty Images/Brand X
The fire service was called to reports of a chimney fire in West Hill on Sunday evening.
CHIMNEY FIRE: The fire service was called to reports of a chimney fire in West Hill on Sunday evening. A spokesman said upon arrival at the property in Elsdon Lane around 7pm the crew from Ottery used specialist chimney gear, small tools and a thermal image camera to extinguish the blaze involving a log burner.
DOG FINE: Police say a Honiton man who allowed his dog to foul in the Land Of Canaan Park last Tuesday was given an £80 on-the-spot fine. The dog warden was on patrol in the area at the time, and witnessed the incident.
You may also want to watch:
VANDALISM: Police said last Friday the fence in Piccadilly Lane was sprayed with paint, as was part of the listed wall at Sainsbury’s. Officers are asking anybody with information to contact them on 101 with references KO/13/217 and KO/13/218.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 5 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank