Ottery fire crew called to chimney fire and other news
- Credit: Getty Images/Brand X
The fire service was called to reports of a chimney fire in West Hill on Sunday evening.
CHIMNEY FIRE: The fire service was called to reports of a chimney fire in West Hill on Sunday evening. A spokesman said upon arrival at the property in Elsdon Lane around 7pm the crew from Ottery used specialist chimney gear, small tools and a thermal image camera to extinguish the blaze involving a log burner.
DOG FINE: Police say a Honiton man who allowed his dog to foul in the Land Of Canaan Park last Tuesday was given an £80 on-the-spot fine. The dog warden was on patrol in the area at the time, and witnessed the incident.
You may also want to watch:
VANDALISM: Police said last Friday the fence in Piccadilly Lane was sprayed with paint, as was part of the listed wall at Sainsbury’s. Officers are asking anybody with information to contact them on 101 with references KO/13/217 and KO/13/218.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98