Ottery fire crew called to chimney fire and other news
- Credit: Getty Images/Brand X
The fire service was called to reports of a chimney fire in West Hill on Sunday evening.
CHIMNEY FIRE: The fire service was called to reports of a chimney fire in West Hill on Sunday evening. A spokesman said upon arrival at the property in Elsdon Lane around 7pm the crew from Ottery used specialist chimney gear, small tools and a thermal image camera to extinguish the blaze involving a log burner.
DOG FINE: Police say a Honiton man who allowed his dog to foul in the Land Of Canaan Park last Tuesday was given an £80 on-the-spot fine. The dog warden was on patrol in the area at the time, and witnessed the incident.
VANDALISM: Police said last Friday the fence in Piccadilly Lane was sprayed with paint, as was part of the listed wall at Sainsbury’s. Officers are asking anybody with information to contact them on 101 with references KO/13/217 and KO/13/218.
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 3 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 4 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 5 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 6 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 7 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 8 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 9 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 10 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town