Ottery fire crew helps tackle bale blaze and more news
A crew from Ottery St Mary helped fight a blaze which destroyed 200 hay bales at outbuildings near Exeter. Read this and more.
FIRE: A crew from Ottery St Mary helped fight a blaze which destroyed 200 hay bales at outbuildings near Exeter. Other fire appliances from Middlemoor and Danes Castle attended the fire in Marsh Barton last Friday, which is believed to have started accidentally. Devon and Somerset Fire Service confirmed a single storey outbuilding used for storing hay, measuring 15 metres by eight metres, was destroyed in the inferno.
MESSY CHURCH: A new venture at Ottery Parish Church to encourage families to come together in activities starts on Monday. Called ‘Messy Church’, the after-school session, on the second Monday of every month from 4pm to 6pm, will involve a variety of craft activities, a short story or talk, followed by a meal. It costs �2.50 per session, for information call 01404 812062.
You may also want to watch:
MAN TALK: The first Ottery Men’s Forum meeting is on Wednesday, January 11, when Mr B Hughes will give a talk on inland waterways, illustrated with slides. It takes place in The Institute, in Yonder Street, from 3pm to 4.30pm, and is an open meeting with ladies welcome.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future