Ottery fire-fighters and female footballers team up to raise �800
OTTERY S fire fighters and female footballers teamed up to raise �800 at a charity car wash last Saturday.
OTTERY'S fire fighters and female footballers teamed up to raise �800 at a charity car wash last Saturday.
Proceeds from the popular event, which saw more than 100 motorists have their cars sponged and hosed, will be split between The Fire Fighters Charity and the Ottery Fire Girls football teams.
Ottery station commander Gary Shaw said: "Despite getting call-out in the middle of it, we were really well supported. It was chaos. I would like to thank the people of Ottery and the Fire Girls for how hard they worked- they did a splendid job and must have been cold after squirting each other with water all day."
Another car wash is planned for June where another local group will be invited to take part.
You may also want to watch:
The Fire Fighters Charity raises funds for injured fire fighters during their times of need, assisting more than 13,000 individuals every year by providing pio0neering treatment and support services.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 4 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 5 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 6 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 7 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families