Ottery firefighters called to industrial estate and more news
Three fire engines were mobilised Saturday, November 5 after reports of a fire at a commercial property at the Finnimore Estate in Ottery. Read this and more.
CUBERET: 1st Tipton St John Cub Scouts are hosting an evening of dance, song and humorous sketches performed by the cubs in the community hall. Entitled ‘Cuberet’, there will also be food and drink served at 7pm, served before the entertainment, at the event on December 2 and 3. Tickets cost �7.50 for adults and �5 for children, available from Brian Foulkes on 01395 567600.
FIRE: Three fire engines were mobilised Saturday, November 5 after reports of a fire at a commercial property at the Finnimore Estate in Ottery. The crews found there had been a small fire in a water heater which was out before their arrival. On Sunday evening, an appliance from Ottery was called out to reports of a saucepan on fire in a property in Whimple, but the small fire was out before their arrival.
You may also want to watch:
NEW COUNCILLOR: Ottery Town Council is back up to a full complement of councillors after Ivor Bull was co-opted at Monday’s meeting. Mr Bull, who lives on Claremont Field, will fill the vacant seat in the town ward left after the resignation of Paul Lewis, and is the third person to join the council since May’s elections, after Vesey Davoren and Paul Bartlett filled the vacant spots in the West Hill and North wards. Speaking as to why he wanted to join the council, he said rather than sit back, he wanted to work with a group of people and try and put something back into the community.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98