Ottery firefighters tackle thatched property blaze
PUBLISHED: 07:39 25 April 2018 | UPDATED: 07:39 25 April 2018
Fears for roof after chimney catches alight
Firefighters from Ottery St Mary and Middlemoor tackled a chimney fire involving a thatched property at Taleford last night (Tuesday, April 24).
On arrival at around 9pm the crews got to work immediately extinguishing the blaze with the use of chimney gear, a hose reel jet and a compressed air foam branch.
Once the crew had fully extinguished the fire and ensured the property was made safe the care of the property was handed back to the occupants.