Ottery firefighters tackle thatched property blaze

Devon fire engine.

Devon fire engine. - Credit: Archant

Fears for roof after chimney catches alight

Firefighters from Ottery St Mary and Middlemoor tackled a chimney fire involving a thatched property at Taleford last night (Tuesday, April 24).

On arrival at around 9pm the crews got to work immediately extinguishing the blaze with the use of chimney gear, a hose reel jet and a compressed air foam branch.

Once the crew had fully extinguished the fire and ensured the property was made safe the care of the property was handed back to the occupants.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus