Ottery Flower Club celebrates golden anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Ottery Flower Club celebrated its golden anniversary this week.
Members of the group, which was established in 1969, came together to enjoy afternoon tea at the Sidmouth Harbour Hotel and Spa on Wednesday, September 4.
Among those who attended the group's 50th birthday celebrations were some of its founding members.
Karen Taverner, of Ottery Flower Club, said: "We meet every third Wednesday of the month at Ottery Primary School and have demonstrations each featuring different floral arrangements.
"At the end of the meeting those displays are raffled off for one lucky member to win.
You may also want to watch:
"Other months we have workshops which is much more hands on and is open to all.
"We would love to encourage some more green-fingered young people, who are interested in forestry and flowers, to join too."
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
Visitors can pay £6 to try out a session.
Email email@example.com for more information.