Ottery Garden Club show is bloomin success despite bad weather
GREEN-fingered Ottery residents showed off their new-year exploits on Saturday as the town s Gardening Club hosted its Spring Show.
GREEN-fingered Ottery residents showed off their new-year exploits on Saturday as the town's Gardening Club hosted its Spring Show.
The annual event, saw 19 exhibitors produce a horticultural array of 115 exhibits in defiance of the miserable weather which has kicked off 2009.
Jean Blouet-Smith, show secretary, said: "We didn't have as many entries as last year, the weather hasn't been great but the quality of the ones we did have was very high and it was a good show in the circumstances."
Winners are as follows:
You may also want to watch:
Spring Jubilee Cup/ Spring Cup: Mr B. Godfrey
Silver Salver Award: Mrs S. Visser
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
Otter Award presented by Mr Derek Edmonds/ Daffodil Society Awards: Mr J Dyer.
Otter Nurseries �10 voucher for best exhibit: Mr B. Nelson. �5 voucher: Mr J. Dyer.
Best exhibit in the Home Craft Section: Mrs J Dalton.