Ottery gears up for annual Food and Families Festival
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of Ottery’s Food and Families Festival are preparing for a two day showcase of culinary treats.
Now in its fifth year, the event will kick off on Friday, June 2, with a tapas night at 6pm.
On Saturday, June 3, visitors will be able to enjoy a range of activities around the town including chef demonstrations in the main marquee, master classes in the Institute and browse up to 20 market stalls.
Festival committee member Ruud Jansen Venneboer said: “I think that we are very lucky here in Ottery to have so many great food and drink outlets in town. So being able to help showcase this once a year through a fun festival and hopefully introducing these businesses to a few new customers is something we’re all delighted to contribute to.”
Vehicles driving into town on the Saturday will not be able to access the Square which will be closed from 8.30am until 5.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Programmes are available from all major shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants in and around Ottery. For more information visit; https://www.facebook.com/OtteryStMaryFoodFamiliesFestival/
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98