Ottery gets In Bloom judging date
OTTERY S battle for South West in Bloom glory will climax next Wednesday (July 8) after the date of the town s horticultural judgement day was revealed.
OTTERY'S battle for South West in Bloom glory will climax next Wednesday (July 8) after the date of the town's horticultural judgement day was revealed.
Ottery's In Bloom committee has entered the town in the competition for the first time in recent years and will now go head to head with nearby rivals in a bid for recognition.
Clipboard wielding judges will descend upon Ottery on the afternoon of July 8.
Ottery in Bloom member Keith Spittlehouse said: "The competition does not only include the floral displays but has an emphasis on environmental issues such as green spaces, conservation and pride in the town.
You may also want to watch:
"Many locations have been planted and tended by a number of groups including the Brownies, Guides and Rainbows and regularly watered by others.
"I would urge residents to please help the town to score vital points by keeping Ottery looking spick and span especially during the first week in July but don't stop there."
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 3 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 4 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 5 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 6 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed
- 7 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 8 Another record for Kirsteen
- 9 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 10 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
Keep an eye on the Herald for the results later this summer.