Ottery gets In Bloom judging date
OTTERY S battle for South West in Bloom glory will climax next Wednesday (July 8) after the date of the town s horticultural judgement day was revealed.
OTTERY'S battle for South West in Bloom glory will climax next Wednesday (July 8) after the date of the town's horticultural judgement day was revealed.
Ottery's In Bloom committee has entered the town in the competition for the first time in recent years and will now go head to head with nearby rivals in a bid for recognition.
Clipboard wielding judges will descend upon Ottery on the afternoon of July 8.
Ottery in Bloom member Keith Spittlehouse said: "The competition does not only include the floral displays but has an emphasis on environmental issues such as green spaces, conservation and pride in the town.
"Many locations have been planted and tended by a number of groups including the Brownies, Guides and Rainbows and regularly watered by others.
"I would urge residents to please help the town to score vital points by keeping Ottery looking spick and span especially during the first week in July but don't stop there."
- 1 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 2 Sainsbury's alters planned car park signs after 'customers only' concerns
- 3 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 4 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 5 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 6 Firefighters tackle car fire at Ottery supermarket
- 7 'Amazing' fossils on display at Sidmouth Museum
- 8 Lifeguards return to Sidmouth beach
- 9 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 10 Concern over Sainsburys parking restriction plans
Keep an eye on the Herald for the results later this summer.