Ottery in Bloom 'fold' fear
OTTTERY in Bloom is in danger of folding if it doesn t receive more public support- its chairman has warned.
OTTTERY in Bloom is in danger of 'folding' if it doesn't receive more public support- its chairman has warned.
The group, which aims to boost the town's horticultural health, has only three members in a parish of eight thousand.
Chairman Sarah Clarke had a bleak message of "No support, no flowers" for town officials and residents at Ottery's annual parish meeting last Friday, but is hopeful the town will back the group's bid for South West In Bloom glory this summer.
In the past year, the group handed out hundreds of seeds for a sunflower competition only to receive two entries. A subsequent private garden competition only attracted one entry.
You may also want to watch:
"At least it was easy to choose the winner" said Sarah, who added: "If you can help us we really need support- otherwise its going to fold."
"South West in Bloom gives out big marks for conservation area projects and we are looking for somewhere we can do this and will be grateful for ideas and help please.
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 8 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 9 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables