Ottery in Bloom team up with Guides to brighten up town
- Credit: Archant
Green fingered Guides have joined forces with Ottery in Bloom to brighten up the town.
The groups have teamed up to fill planters with new flowers to bloom over the summer.
Ottery in Bloom members planted more than 500 plants in stands and tubs in May which are sponsored by businesses and organisations in the town.
Keith Spittlehouse, from Ottery in Bloom, said: “We are brightening up the town.
The assistance the Ottery Guides, who help with planting each year, ensures that visitors and townsfolk alike can be sure of a colourful welcome all summer.
You may also want to watch:
“There is a need for the plants to watered during the summer, particularly if it hot and dry like last year. It is only with the assistance of a number of organisations which help with this that we are able to maintain the displays looking their best.”
Anyone who would like to help with planting or watering can call Ottery in Bloom on 01404 812155.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98