Ottery Jumble Sale set to draw in more bargain hunters today
IT may be Devon s biggest second-hand sale, but this famous Ottery event will prove to be anything but a load of jumble today.
IT may be Devon's biggest second-hand sale, but this famous Ottery event will prove to be anything but a load of jumble today.
The traditional 1st Ottery St Mary Scout Group Jumble Sale, which takes place over two Saturdays in three venues, kicked off on Saturday and was hailed "as good as ever" by its organiser of more than 20 years.
The sale, the scout's biggest fundraiser of the year, promises to draw in more bargain hunters as it continues in The Institute, the Coleridge Play Group and the Old Boys' School from 2pm tomorrow.
Organiser Mary Moore said: "We've had a tremendous amount of stuff, we couldn't see the woods from the trees when we were sorting it all out but I'm definitely not complaining."
"An old Charlie Chaplin cine-film got a lot of interest and did well at our auction on Saturday- this is a vital event for the group and helps with our running costs.
- 1 School steps up safety at road crossing areas
- 2 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 3 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth
- 4 Exeter vaccine centre at Greendale will remain open
- 5 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 6 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 7 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 8 New police station will help address challenges in keeping residents safe
- 9 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 10 Fire training exercise at Newton Poppleford