Ottery Jumble Sale set to draw in more bargain hunters today
IT may be Devon s biggest second-hand sale, but this famous Ottery event will prove to be anything but a load of jumble today.
IT may be Devon's biggest second-hand sale, but this famous Ottery event will prove to be anything but a load of jumble today.
The traditional 1st Ottery St Mary Scout Group Jumble Sale, which takes place over two Saturdays in three venues, kicked off on Saturday and was hailed "as good as ever" by its organiser of more than 20 years.
The sale, the scout's biggest fundraiser of the year, promises to draw in more bargain hunters as it continues in The Institute, the Coleridge Play Group and the Old Boys' School from 2pm tomorrow.
Organiser Mary Moore said: "We've had a tremendous amount of stuff, we couldn't see the woods from the trees when we were sorting it all out but I'm definitely not complaining."
You may also want to watch:
"An old Charlie Chaplin cine-film got a lot of interest and did well at our auction on Saturday- this is a vital event for the group and helps with our running costs.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 4 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Woman flown to hospital after fall