Ottery Jumble Sale set to draw in more bargain hunters today
IT may be Devon s biggest second-hand sale, but this famous Ottery event will prove to be anything but a load of jumble today.
IT may be Devon's biggest second-hand sale, but this famous Ottery event will prove to be anything but a load of jumble today.
The traditional 1st Ottery St Mary Scout Group Jumble Sale, which takes place over two Saturdays in three venues, kicked off on Saturday and was hailed "as good as ever" by its organiser of more than 20 years.
The sale, the scout's biggest fundraiser of the year, promises to draw in more bargain hunters as it continues in The Institute, the Coleridge Play Group and the Old Boys' School from 2pm tomorrow.
Organiser Mary Moore said: "We've had a tremendous amount of stuff, we couldn't see the woods from the trees when we were sorting it all out but I'm definitely not complaining."
You may also want to watch:
"An old Charlie Chaplin cine-film got a lot of interest and did well at our auction on Saturday- this is a vital event for the group and helps with our running costs.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge