Ottery library photo competition shows best of young photographers
- Credit: Archant
Ottery library will feature the work of budding young photographers after a successful photo competition.
The Friends of Ottery Library (FOOL) launched the contest to encourage more teenagers to use the town’s new facility by asking them to snap photos on a mobile phone.
Participants could take three pictures which had to be based on the theme of ‘who needs words?’.
Following a difficult deliberation, judges announced Frankie Roberts as the winner and awarded prizes to Alexandra Fearn-Smith, Lily Pendray, Lily Allen-Smith and Liberty Shaw.
Now visitors to the library can now chose their winner from a display of 50 of the best photographs.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition will be up in the library throughout April.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 6 Football in support of mental health
- 7 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 8 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 9 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 10 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched