Ottery looks forward to ""Nursery Rhyme"" Flower Show
NURSERY rhymes are the subject of this year s Ottery St Mary Flower Festival which begin on Thursday (September 11).
NURSERY rhymes are the subject of this year's Ottery St Mary Flower Festival which begin on Thursday (September 11).
The event in the Parish Church, which ends on Monday (September 15), sees flower arrangers from the town and further-a-field give their unique horticultural take on old favourites such as Oranges and Lemons, Humpty Dumpty and Little Bo Peep.
Organiser Carol Bennett, who has been planning the event for two years, said: "We've got 39 displays. The ideas are so exciting. Each entry is so clever, individual and different, Ottery has a very talented set of flower arrangers."
The church will also host a special concert at 7.30pm tomorrow and Songs of Praise on Sunday at 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Admission to the event is free but donations for church funds are welcome. Coffees, teas and ploughman's lunches are among treats available to visitors. Proceedings run from 10am to 6.30pm. The event will open from 12noon to 6pm on Sunday.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon