Ottery market to take place next week and other news
his month’s Sustainable Ottery Market will take place on Saturday, September 29 in the Institute, Yonder Street. Read this and more.
QUIZ: The Inner Wheel Annual Quiz takes place on Friday, November 9 at West Hill Village Hall in aid of Hospiscare. Roly Saunders is signed on to be quizmaster again, and the group would like as many people to come along to the event and raise money for an important local charity.
COMMUNITY MARKET: This month’s Sustainable Ottery Market will take place on Saturday, September 29 in the Institute, Yonder Street, from 9.30am to 12.30pm. There will be locally produced organic fruit and vegetables, eggs, home-made cakes, preserves and chutneys, as well as hand-made craft items, jewellery, plants and second-hand books. Ladies from Ottery’s WI will also be on hand serving refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
DRUMMERS WANTED: Otter Taiko want to encourage some budding new drummers to join the group. No experience is necessary and anyone is welcome to come along to practice sessions at Whimple Victory Hall from 7pm to 9pm every Friday. For more information contact Sandra Chapman on 01404 814528.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
WRITING COMPETITION: Budding young writers in Ottery are being encouraged to enter the 2012 Young Writers Competition. Five to 18-year-old must write an original story of up to 750 words on any subject they like, and send it to John Carter, Smokey House, Yarcombe, Honiton, Devon EX14 9AD, with a title and a separate sheet showing the child’s name, age, telephone number and address by November 10.