Ottery Mayor gets Convent pat on the back
OTTERY S hands-on, hard-working mayor got a pat on the back from fellow town councillors last Friday.
OTTERY'S hands-on, hard-working mayor got a pat on the back from fellow town councillors last Friday.
Town officials called a sudden halt to the annual parish meeting to surprise Cllr Glyn Dobson with a painting of the parish church to thank him for his work in overseeing the recent transformation of the Old Convent building.
DIY efforts by the council, which took up residence in the premises last month, have saved the town thousands of pounds.
Mr Dobson's wife Gay was handed a bunch of flowers for "putting up" with his dedication to the project.
You may also want to watch:
The mayor said: "There were times when she told me to take my bed down to the Convent. I've really enjoyed it and we have a lot to look forward to in there.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites