Ottery Mayor gets Convent pat on the back
OTTERY S hands-on, hard-working mayor got a pat on the back from fellow town councillors last Friday.
OTTERY'S hands-on, hard-working mayor got a pat on the back from fellow town councillors last Friday.
Town officials called a sudden halt to the annual parish meeting to surprise Cllr Glyn Dobson with a painting of the parish church to thank him for his work in overseeing the recent transformation of the Old Convent building.
DIY efforts by the council, which took up residence in the premises last month, have saved the town thousands of pounds.
Mr Dobson's wife Gay was handed a bunch of flowers for "putting up" with his dedication to the project.
You may also want to watch:
The mayor said: "There were times when she told me to take my bed down to the Convent. I've really enjoyed it and we have a lot to look forward to in there.
- 1 Fire service warns against stockpiling petrol at home
- 2 Town's garden efforts on display at Chelsea Flower Show
- 3 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 4 Can you hear me? Science festival will attempt a new tin can phone world record
- 5 Judges announced for town champions awards
- 6 7 of the prettiest streets in Sidmouth
- 7 Town's Morris dancers are looking for volunteers to step up
- 8 Property of the Week: Ocean Quest, Exmouth
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Devon
- 10 What a difference a ‘K’ makes