Ottery mum dreading TV debut
An Ottery resident is worried about watching herself on TV after she was told she wasn’t reacting enough on DIY SOS.
Morny Wright, who along with her family, was chosen by the home makeover programme to have her house fixed up after enduring terrible problems.
But despite the renovations being a great success, the mother of three said she feels guilty about not welling up when the newly-decorated house was revealed to them. She said: “By the time it happened because of my illness I was quite drained I just wanted to lie down and sleep!”
Morny, 44, suffers from ME made worse by having to live in a house with missing walls, a leaking roof and water pouring into her children’s bedroom. She added: “Nick Knowles [the show’s presenter] was worried I wasn’t happy enough, I am sorry I didn’t well up but we were just so shell-shocked by it.”
She said she has since got emotional about the renovation work, when she has spoken to thank the local tradesmen who helped out free of charge to fix the Wright’s broken house, but is scared to watch herself back when the programme is aired in the coming months.
You may also want to watch:
Having been back in the house several weeks she said: “We can now appreciate what it’s given us, it has given us our time back. Last weekend we took the boys cycling for the first time in such a long time, my husband Ian hadn’t had any free time in so long but now we can’t wait to enjoy the summer.”
She said the work, which included fixing the bedroom for her three boys, Isaac, 11, Alfie, 9, and Casper, 7, has made a huge difference to their lives. She added: “Now the roof is all fixed I keep looking out the window and hoping for rain in a weird way!”
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead