Ottery musicians star in Rotary music competition
- Credit: Archant
Young musicians from across East Devon have hit all the right notes in this year’s Rotary Youth presents music district competition.
The event has been organised for nearly 30 years by the Rotary Club of Otter Valley and is open to primary and secondary schools in the area. The semi-finals were held at The King’s School and featured talented musicians playing instruments including the piano, violin, French horn and drums.
The youngsters, from five schools across the district, performed to a panel of three adjudicators in the hope to claim a place in the final.
Cellist Euan McWilliams, from Ottery, played pieces from Telemann and Cassado with ‘great maturity’ to go through to the next round.
He has participated in the competition for several years and will now play again in the district finals in Fowey, Cornwall.
You may also want to watch:
If successful, Euan will move on to the regional finals which will be held in Ottery’s parish church in March.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank