Ottery musicians star in Rotary music competition
- Credit: Archant
Young musicians from across East Devon have hit all the right notes in this year’s Rotary Youth presents music district competition.
The event has been organised for nearly 30 years by the Rotary Club of Otter Valley and is open to primary and secondary schools in the area. The semi-finals were held at The King’s School and featured talented musicians playing instruments including the piano, violin, French horn and drums.
The youngsters, from five schools across the district, performed to a panel of three adjudicators in the hope to claim a place in the final.
Cellist Euan McWilliams, from Ottery, played pieces from Telemann and Cassado with ‘great maturity’ to go through to the next round.
He has participated in the competition for several years and will now play again in the district finals in Fowey, Cornwall.
You may also want to watch:
If successful, Euan will move on to the regional finals which will be held in Ottery’s parish church in March.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser