Ottery Pixie Day competition se to scare
PIXIES beware! In the build up to one of Ottery s most anticipated days of the year, residents are being urged to take part in a contest that is set to scare.
PIXIES beware! In the build up to one of Ottery's most anticipated days of the year, residents are being urged to take part in a contest that is set to scare.
After its debut last year, the Pixie Day scarer competition has returned as part of the build-up to Ottery's famous day of fun on June 20- and organisers want to see bigger and better entrants.
Simon Lowne hopes to build on last year's "brilliant" entries and see a few more life-size scarers throughout the town.
He said: "In my childish mind I have a vision of a town filled with 'horrible' effigies that will scare anybody coming through, never mind just the pixies.
"We want people to be edgy as possible- not in bad taste, but a little bit controversial- this is not just another scarecrow competition.
"This time round I hope people make them (scarers) weatherproof to put outside- we had a few brilliant one last time but it was a shame as they weren't water-proof.
- 1 New store launches in Sidmouth's Fore Street
- 2 Ukraine refugee supporter Mukie opens community cafe
- 3 Sidmouth’s first Jazz Festival hits the right note
- 4 Simon Jupp calls for Prime Minister's resignation
- 5 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 6 Stark warning on spending from Devon finance chief
- 7 New direction and new chair at Vision Group for Sidmouth
- 8 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 9 Future of Red Arrows show ‘up in the air’ as environmental debate continues
- 10 Care home welcomes town council chairman during 'Wimbledon' afternoon
Scarers must be life-size, placed outdoors and incorporate one of the two major dislikes of the pesky, pixie population, Christian religion and noise- particularly bells.
Trophies will be handed out to entries deemed the best on Pixie Day. Entry forms are available from the Ottery Tourist Information Centre.