Ottery Pixie Day competition se to scare
PIXIES beware! In the build up to one of Ottery s most anticipated days of the year, residents are being urged to take part in a contest that is set to scare.
PIXIES beware! In the build up to one of Ottery's most anticipated days of the year, residents are being urged to take part in a contest that is set to scare.
After its debut last year, the Pixie Day scarer competition has returned as part of the build-up to Ottery's famous day of fun on June 20- and organisers want to see bigger and better entrants.
Simon Lowne hopes to build on last year's "brilliant" entries and see a few more life-size scarers throughout the town.
He said: "In my childish mind I have a vision of a town filled with 'horrible' effigies that will scare anybody coming through, never mind just the pixies.
You may also want to watch:
"We want people to be edgy as possible- not in bad taste, but a little bit controversial- this is not just another scarecrow competition.
"This time round I hope people make them (scarers) weatherproof to put outside- we had a few brilliant one last time but it was a shame as they weren't water-proof.
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 5 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 9 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 10 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
Scarers must be life-size, placed outdoors and incorporate one of the two major dislikes of the pesky, pixie population, Christian religion and noise- particularly bells.
Trophies will be handed out to entries deemed the best on Pixie Day. Entry forms are available from the Ottery Tourist Information Centre.