Ottery Pixie Day competition se to scare
PIXIES beware! In the build up to one of Ottery s most anticipated days of the year, residents are being urged to take part in a contest that is set to scare.
PIXIES beware! In the build up to one of Ottery's most anticipated days of the year, residents are being urged to take part in a contest that is set to scare.
After its debut last year, the Pixie Day scarer competition has returned as part of the build-up to Ottery's famous day of fun on June 20- and organisers want to see bigger and better entrants.
Simon Lowne hopes to build on last year's "brilliant" entries and see a few more life-size scarers throughout the town.
He said: "In my childish mind I have a vision of a town filled with 'horrible' effigies that will scare anybody coming through, never mind just the pixies.
You may also want to watch:
"We want people to be edgy as possible- not in bad taste, but a little bit controversial- this is not just another scarecrow competition.
"This time round I hope people make them (scarers) weatherproof to put outside- we had a few brilliant one last time but it was a shame as they weren't water-proof.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
Scarers must be life-size, placed outdoors and incorporate one of the two major dislikes of the pesky, pixie population, Christian religion and noise- particularly bells.
Trophies will be handed out to entries deemed the best on Pixie Day. Entry forms are available from the Ottery Tourist Information Centre.