Ottery Pixie Day launches new Royal Mail stamps
OTTERY S Pixie Day this week acted as the national launch-pad for a new collection of Royal Mail stamps.
OTTERY'S Pixie Day this week acted as the national launch-pad for a new collection of Royal Mail stamps.
Tomorrow's colourful event can now boast its very own pixie postage mark as part of its notorious festivities.
The Mythical Creatures Collection also features a boulder-wielding giant, a fire-breathing dragon, a fairy, a mermaid, and a unicorn.
Ottery pixies Megan Jackson, Victoria Bateman, twins Zachary and Meredith Marsh, and Joanna Young (pictured on front page) posed in costume in front of the Parish Church as part of the launch on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Illustrator Dave McKean, best known for his work on graphic novels, was selected to create images for the 62 pence stamps.
Royal Mail's Julietta Edgar praised Ottery's special as the perfect launch-pad for the collection. She said: "The stamps feature fantastic characters from the UK's rich history of folklore and legend. They are an astonishing set of illustrations and the imagination works overtime which is probably why these creatures and the stories behind them, have such an enduring appeal.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 3 New minibus takes voluntary service's fleet to three
- 4 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 5 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 6 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 7 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 8 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 9 Ottery win the Monty Perry Invitation Cup
- 10 Wheels fall off for Tipton