Ottery plastic-free shop celebrates reaching Crowdfunding total
- Credit: Archant
Generous donors are helping an Ottery couple move closer to opening their shop doors after helping them hit their Crowdfunder total.
Dan Prince and Alice Bardwell launched a £20,000 campaign to secure backing for Fillfull, a plastic-free shop and community hub, and had 30 days to make their dream a reality.
With their August 2 deadline looming and close to losing all the money raised so far, the crowdfunding website allowed them to reduce their total.
The unusual move meant donation could continue in to take the business past its £3,500 target.
The family used the remaining time to ‘stretch’ the total to secure as much extra total as possible.
You may also want to watch:
Alice said: “Normally Crowdfunder wouldn’t do it [reduce the total] so we are lucky.
“94 people have come forward and pledged the money. We are totally thankful to everybody, its amazing that people have come forward because they didn’t have to do anything.”
The Crowfunding website is still open until 8.20pm on August 10, to donate visit their page here.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 10 Two superb centuries in Sidbury victory