Ottery prepares for summer fair and carnival fun day
- Credit: Archant
There is plenty to do in Ottery across the Bank Holiday weekend with a programme of events for all the family.
On Saturday, August 27, the parish church is holding its annual fair on the grounds at Cadhay House from 11am to 4pm.
Visitors will be able to browse a variety of stalls selling cakes, books, plants and produce.
There is also a wide range of tasty treats, soft and alcoholic refreshments, on offer including authentic Devon cream teas, strawberries and cream and delicious barbecue.
On the day is guide tours of Cadhay House for £5 a person and activities for children.
You may also want to watch:
Musical entertainment will be provided by Goronwy Thom and the City Stream Jazz Band.
Entry costs £2.50 for adults and under 16s go free. There is also free car parking.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 9 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
The following day (August 27) visitors are invited to look at classic vehicles at Chanter’s House, the home to Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
Owners Max and Grace Norris is holding the event in conjunction with Ottery Carnival fun day.
The classic car show will open from 11am to 4pm and late entries will be accepted on the day.
Visitors will be able to look at a range of bikes, lorries, tractors and steam engines and in a special guest appearance from Robot Wars’ terrorhurtz.
There will also be appearances from Doctor Who’s enemy the Daleks and Bertie the Bus.
At the Land of Canaan, the carnival fun day will begin at midday and run until late with stalls, rides, live music and a bar. There will also be a duck race.
The fun day is held to raise money for the town’s Tar Barrels event.
For car show enquiries contact Tony on 07791686546.