Ottery ‘pulls out the stops’ for Christmas lights and late night shopping evening
- Credit: Archant
Take a look at this gallery from Ottery’s late night shopping and Christmas light switch on event. Can you see someone you know?
Visitors braved the cold snap to enjoy a magical evening of Disney at Ottery’s annual late night shopping and Christmas light switch on.
There has been glowing praise for organisers and shopkeepers as the streets lit up for the first time last Friday evening.
Ottery Carnival led the way with its torch lit procession from the church to the town centre offices before the carnival Queen and princesses turned the lights on.
Judging also took place for the best Christmas shop window with the winner chosen by Lady Pam Coleridge.
You may also want to watch:
Dilly’s Florist was presented with a shield for its display.
Gliddons steam engine rolled into town and during the evening was collecting in aid of Hospiscare, there was also musical entertainment and
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon
Phyllis Baxter, head of the event committee, thanked the town council for their contribution towards the lights and said she had already been approached about fundraising for next year’s display.
She said:” I’m very proud of our town and our shopkeepers, they did a brilliant job and they pulled out the stops. All of the windows were winners and the lights were brilliant.”