Ottery's citizen of the year revealed
'THE voice of Ottery' was named the town s third citizen of the year last Friday- but will have to wait until he returns from holiday to claim his prize.
THE voice of Ottery" was named the town's third citizen of the year last Friday- but will have to wait until he returns from holiday to claim his prize.
Roland Sanders, of Yonder Street, who is currently enjoying a break in Italy, was awarded the accolade after residents were asked to name Ottery's most outstanding citizen.
Mr Sanders is well known as a comp�re for numerous events in the town including the Tar Barrels and the Cadhay May Fair.
Ottery Information Centre manager Phyllis Baxter, Ottery's first ever citizen of the year, was delighted with the "absolutely fabulous" choice.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "Any event we go to he keeps us swinging from start to finish. Roland is a great benefit to the town and a smashing person.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98