Ottery's Community Market on the grow
OTTERY S expanding Community Market returns to the town tomorrow (October 18).
OTTERY'S expanding Community Market returns to the town tomorrow (October 18).
Around ten new stallholders will join regular Ottery food producers and craftspeople at The Institute selling a wide variety of products from small items of furniture, works of art, children's dresses, ceramics and Christmas decorations to cupcakes and cookies.
The monthly Sustainable Ottery event brings hidden talents of townsfolk to a wider public as stallholders showcase their own products. Money spent at the market stays in the local economy, which will help it weather diffidcult times ahead, according the organisers.
The market will run from 9.30am to 12.30pm. Face painting will also be available for children.
You may also want to watch:
Anybody wishing to have their own stall or would like to help at next month's market can contact Beatrix Godfrey on (01404) 812213 or Penny Hounslow on (01404) 814632.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again