Ottery’s Emma and Rhys chosen to represent Devon at World Scout Jamboree
- Credit: Archant
A pair of Ottery Explorers has been selected to jet out to America to represent the UK at the next World Scout Jamboree.
Emma Bateson and Rhys Johnson were selected from more than 200 representatives to form the Devon contingency to go to West Virginia in 2019.
A group of four from Ottery 1st Scouts attended a selection weekend which challenged the youngsters to demonstrate their teamwork, as well as undergo an interview to explain why they should represent the county.
Emma and Rhys impressed the assessors to become part of the 60 young people from Devon.
Ian Chown, assistant Explorer leader said: “Emma and Rhys fully deserve their places to attend the World Jamboree and follow in the footsteps of previous Ottery Scout members who represented Devon in Japan and Sweden.”
You may also want to watch:
The pair are now beginning to fundraise for the trip.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon