Ottery’s London Inn wins best urban pub award from CAMRA
- Credit: Archant
It is a massive three cheers for one Ottery pub as it has been crowned the best urban pub in the area.
The Exeter and East Devon Branch (EEB) of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) chose the London Inn as their winner after being impressed by the establishment’s friendly atmosphere, fine beer and regular music events.
The pub triumphed over the nearly 900 licensed premises that come under the EEB’s area and will now go forward to a regional heat.
Landlords Vince Palmer and Janice Ponsford have been behind the bar of the Gold Street pub for six years and said the award was ‘brilliant’.
Vince said: “To achieve the award here in Ottery I was very surprised. It is about getting the right balance. I try my best to get something new every week or if someone wants something. I haven’t been beaten yet.”
You may also want to watch:
An EEB spokesperson for the CAMRA branch, said: “It is a tribute to Vince and his staff for their hard work in making this such a great pub congratulations.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead