Ottery’s Priory Home Care Service rated ‘good’ by inspectors
- Credit: Archant
‘Marvellous’ staff praised for caring, consistent standards
Hard work has paid off for staff members at the Priory Home Care Service, who were commended during a recent inspection.
The Ottery-based company provides care to seven people who need assistance in their own homes and has received a rating of ‘good’ across the board by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Reliability of staff, commitment to high standards of care, consistency and safety were all noted by inspectors. They said people had praised the caring attitude of staff, who were described as ‘marvellous’, ‘polite’ and ‘very helpful’.
The report said: “From our conversations with staff and people using the service, it was clear they had formed positive and caring relationships.
You may also want to watch:
“Staff told us how they changed their style to suit the person they supported and to pick up on people’s moods. People’s positive comments about the staff who supported them showed their approach was successful.”
Home care service manager Sharon Carter said: “We are over the moon about the report – it’s fantastic and the staff have worked really hard.”
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
Residents quoted in the report said they felt safe and supported by staff, who understand their needs.
The service was rated for its safety, effectiveness, caring, responsiveness and leadership.