Ottery’s Priory Home Care Service rated ‘good’ by inspectors
- Credit: Archant
‘Marvellous’ staff praised for caring, consistent standards
Hard work has paid off for staff members at the Priory Home Care Service, who were commended during a recent inspection.
The Ottery-based company provides care to seven people who need assistance in their own homes and has received a rating of ‘good’ across the board by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Reliability of staff, commitment to high standards of care, consistency and safety were all noted by inspectors. They said people had praised the caring attitude of staff, who were described as ‘marvellous’, ‘polite’ and ‘very helpful’.
The report said: “From our conversations with staff and people using the service, it was clear they had formed positive and caring relationships.
You may also want to watch:
“Staff told us how they changed their style to suit the person they supported and to pick up on people’s moods. People’s positive comments about the staff who supported them showed their approach was successful.”
Home care service manager Sharon Carter said: “We are over the moon about the report – it’s fantastic and the staff have worked really hard.”
- 1 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 4 The questions of British Lions selection
- 5 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 6 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 10 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
Residents quoted in the report said they felt safe and supported by staff, who understand their needs.
The service was rated for its safety, effectiveness, caring, responsiveness and leadership.