Ottery’s Rusty Pig scoops top street food prize
- Credit: Archant
The Rusty Pig has triumphed at this year’s Nourish Festival winning top prize for its street food.
The Yonder Street restaurant won ‘Best of the Best’ at the Devon Street Food Awards, held in Bovey Tracey.
It faced tough competition against street food producers from across Devon but stole the show with its Dexter sirloin steak.
Judging on the day was Devon Life editor Andy Cooper, ITV weather presenter Kate Haskell and Alex Murdin, Devon home cook of the year.
Owner Robin Rea said: “It was a real honour to receive the award with so many talented street food producers vying for top position.
You may also want to watch:
“This award underpins our commitment to provide the very best taste experience for customers using only the very best ingredients.”
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat