Ottery’s Silver Band prepares for summer concerts
- Credit: Archant
Prepare for the sounds of summer with a series of performances from Ottery St Mary Silver Band.
The band will be playing four evening shows commencing on Thursday, May 31, in Connaught Gardens, Sidmouth.
The evening concerts are sponsored by Gilbert Stephens Solicitors.
Further performances will be held on June 14 and 28 and, finally, on August 23 - all in the picturesque Sidmouth grounds.
Terry Bastyan, managing partner at Gilbert Stephens Solicitors and member of the silver band, said: “These concerts are vital to the local community and are a real fixture during the summer in Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
“We believe in the legacy of traditional brass music to bring people together, so we are pleased to sponsor these events and look forward to hearing the silver band keeping the rain at bay with their music in the beautiful surroundings of Connaught Gardens.”
The concerts are free to attend and will be a mixture of traditional and more recent music.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon