Ottery's temporary charity shop raises thousands
IN JUST five weeks, Action Medical Research s temporary charity shop in Mill Street, Ottery St Mary, has raised more than �7,000.
IN JUST five weeks, Action Medical Research's temporary charity shop in Mill Street, Ottery St Mary, has raised more than �7,000.
The Ottery committee were able to occupy the shop for another short, but successful run, which was made possibly by the efforts of all volunteers and generosity of residents, who not only bought, but donated items for sale.
"It was a very happy time in the shop and the committee hopes that another opportunity will arise in the future to open again," said treasurer, Shirley Morris.
Money raised will be used by Action Medical Research to fund vital research to improve the health of babies and children.
You may also want to watch:
More information can be found on the charity's web site, www.action.org.uk.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown