Ottery's temporary charity shop raises thousands
IN JUST five weeks, Action Medical Research s temporary charity shop in Mill Street, Ottery St Mary, has raised more than �7,000.
IN JUST five weeks, Action Medical Research's temporary charity shop in Mill Street, Ottery St Mary, has raised more than �7,000.
The Ottery committee were able to occupy the shop for another short, but successful run, which was made possibly by the efforts of all volunteers and generosity of residents, who not only bought, but donated items for sale.
"It was a very happy time in the shop and the committee hopes that another opportunity will arise in the future to open again," said treasurer, Shirley Morris.
Money raised will be used by Action Medical Research to fund vital research to improve the health of babies and children.
More information can be found on the charity's web site, www.action.org.uk.
- 1 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 2 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 3 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 4 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 5 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 6 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 7 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 8 Chiefs beaten by a powerful second-half from league leaders
- 9 Popular art exhibition returns this Christmas
- 10 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change