Ottery's temporary charity shop raises thousands
IN JUST five weeks, Action Medical Research s temporary charity shop in Mill Street, Ottery St Mary, has raised more than �7,000.
IN JUST five weeks, Action Medical Research's temporary charity shop in Mill Street, Ottery St Mary, has raised more than �7,000.
The Ottery committee were able to occupy the shop for another short, but successful run, which was made possibly by the efforts of all volunteers and generosity of residents, who not only bought, but donated items for sale.
"It was a very happy time in the shop and the committee hopes that another opportunity will arise in the future to open again," said treasurer, Shirley Morris.
Money raised will be used by Action Medical Research to fund vital research to improve the health of babies and children.
You may also want to watch:
More information can be found on the charity's web site, www.action.org.uk.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution