Ottery's temporary charity shop raises thousands
IN JUST five weeks, Action Medical Research s temporary charity shop in Mill Street, Ottery St Mary, has raised more than �7,000.
IN JUST five weeks, Action Medical Research's temporary charity shop in Mill Street, Ottery St Mary, has raised more than �7,000.
The Ottery committee were able to occupy the shop for another short, but successful run, which was made possibly by the efforts of all volunteers and generosity of residents, who not only bought, but donated items for sale.
"It was a very happy time in the shop and the committee hopes that another opportunity will arise in the future to open again," said treasurer, Shirley Morris.
Money raised will be used by Action Medical Research to fund vital research to improve the health of babies and children.
You may also want to watch:
More information can be found on the charity's web site, www.action.org.uk.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 3 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 4 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 5 August celebrations at Manstone Lane – Home of the Vikings
- 6 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 7 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 8 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 9 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 10 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer