Tickety-Boo announces charity of the year
- Credit: Archant
An Ottery café is throwing its support behind a leukaemia charity for the next 12 months to support its vital services for patients and their families.
Tickety-Boo announced that Exeter Leukaemia Fund (ELF) will be its charity of the year and already has ideas of hosting an elf treasure hunt, colouring competitions and guess the number of shells to boost the charity.
Customers will also be able to donate spare change in the shop’s coin spinner and also take away coffee grinds to use in their gardens, with donations going towards the charity.
The play kingdom will be supporting ELF’s cream tea campaign running throughout this month.
Cheryl Mabin, front of house manager, said: “Most of us know someone whose life has been affected by cancer; charities like ELF that can make such a difference to them.
You may also want to watch:
“Our customers have always been very generous for our fundraising and we know that they will help with our efforts for ELF.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites