Ottery school lands top award
THE King s School has bagged a top award marking the quality of careers guidance given to its pupils.
THE King's School has bagged a top award marking the quality of careers guidance given to its pupils.
A special assembly last week marked the handover of the Investors in Careers award, which is only held by a third of schools in Devon and Cornwall.
Jenny Rudge CEO of Careers South West presented the prize, which she said was "not easy to get", and praised the school's "outstanding achievement."
School careers co-ordinator Jeannette Lynch, came in for special praise, and received a rousing round of applause from pupils and colleagues.
You may also want to watch:
The King's School arranges a host of events including a project and work experience weeks to boost students' career guidance. The school also works in partnership with a raft of organisations.
Local business people like Jenny Rosenfeld and Paul Lewis (pictured above), also give their time to help pupils and were on hand to join in the celebrations.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 9 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
The Investors in Careers seal of approval recognises the top-notch standard in the management of careers education and guidance given to students.