Ottery scouts enjoy activity weekend
SCOUTS from Ottery made their first trip to an explorer activity weekend earlier this month.
Youngsters aged from 14 to 18 from the First Ottery Explorer Scouts, and a small group from Tipton, joined 150 Oxfordshire scouts near Swindon, writes Hannah Worrall.
The event ran from December 2 to December 4 and included activities such as zip wires, fencing, high swing and film-making.
On the Saturday night, the explorers put on an ‘Ox Factor’ night of entertainment followed by a disco.
John Green, Ottery scout leader, said: “The weekend was action packed from almost the minute we arrived.
“All the Explorers got on really well with new friends from Oxfordshire.”
Accompanying the party was new explorer adult helper Ian Chown,
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 The show must go on as theatre group takes to the stage
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Designated drivers offered free drinks this Christmas
- 6 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 7 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 8 Anniversary gives chance for a look back on three years in the valley
- 9 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 10 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
Ottregian Ian, 25, was formerly part of the successful venture scouts and decided he wanted to give his time to help young people experience what he did in his time in scouting.
Young people interested in joining the scouts, or adults who’d like to volunteer their help, can visit www.otteryscouts.org.uk