Ottery scouts enjoy activity weekend
SCOUTS from Ottery made their first trip to an explorer activity weekend earlier this month.
Youngsters aged from 14 to 18 from the First Ottery Explorer Scouts, and a small group from Tipton, joined 150 Oxfordshire scouts near Swindon, writes Hannah Worrall.
The event ran from December 2 to December 4 and included activities such as zip wires, fencing, high swing and film-making.
On the Saturday night, the explorers put on an ‘Ox Factor’ night of entertainment followed by a disco.
John Green, Ottery scout leader, said: “The weekend was action packed from almost the minute we arrived.
You may also want to watch:
“All the Explorers got on really well with new friends from Oxfordshire.”
Accompanying the party was new explorer adult helper Ian Chown,
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 9 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
Ottregian Ian, 25, was formerly part of the successful venture scouts and decided he wanted to give his time to help young people experience what he did in his time in scouting.
Young people interested in joining the scouts, or adults who’d like to volunteer their help, can visit www.otteryscouts.org.uk