Ottery Scouts to go Dutch
OTTERY St Mary Scout Group is preparing for an action packed summer of activities.
While Beavers enjoyed an end of year picnic at the Donkey Sanctuary in Sidmouth on Monday (July 18), Cubs are looking forward to a two-night summer camp starting today.
Cub leader Catrina Johnson said: “For some of them, this will be their first time away from home. They get to cook their own food and do the washing up, which is a new experience for many!”
Forty Scouts and Explorers will head to Holland on July 31 to take part in a ten-day camp based in Delft at the original Dutch gunpowder magazine building.
“A huge amount of planning has gone into the trip since last September,” said Scout leader Chris Evans.
You may also want to watch:
More on Scout Group exploits in next Friday’s Ottery Herald.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 6 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 9 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 10 After shopping in town why not give your feet a treat