Ottery Scouts to go Dutch
OTTERY St Mary Scout Group is preparing for an action packed summer of activities.
While Beavers enjoyed an end of year picnic at the Donkey Sanctuary in Sidmouth on Monday (July 18), Cubs are looking forward to a two-night summer camp starting today.
Cub leader Catrina Johnson said: “For some of them, this will be their first time away from home. They get to cook their own food and do the washing up, which is a new experience for many!”
Forty Scouts and Explorers will head to Holland on July 31 to take part in a ten-day camp based in Delft at the original Dutch gunpowder magazine building.
“A huge amount of planning has gone into the trip since last September,” said Scout leader Chris Evans.
You may also want to watch:
More on Scout Group exploits in next Friday’s Ottery Herald.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight