Ottery set for art extravaganza
BUDDING artists from the Sidmouth and Ottery areas will see their work on show at the Otter Vale Art Society’s annual exhibition- which opened today.
BUDDING artists from the Sidmouth and Ottery areas will see their work on show at the Otter Vale Art Society’s annual exhibition- which opens on Friday.
A host of work will be in show in The Institute, Ottery, from until Sunday, August 15.
“East Devon has a large number of talented, amateur artists. After all, with wonderful coastal views as well as glorious countryside, there is plenty of scope,” said organiser Judith Stephens.
“Many villages in our area have an annual art exhibition and sale, and the standard of the Ottery society members is one of the highest and always attracts a large number of visitors.”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition, open from 10am to 5pm daily, will feature work from pupils at The King’s School.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 6 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution